Sunday, October 5, 2008

Schnepf Farms Pumpkin & Chili Fest



Yesterday we went to a local farm that has a yearly Pumpkin & Chili Fest. Normally the cost is $14 per person. They have some discount tickets available through Fry's grocery store which makes it $12. I found a better deal yet, I went to their website and for yesterday only they had a deal for half off, $7!! Huge savings, love it! They had rides for the kids, younger and older :) My husband and I went on the roller coaster with our son. Our daughter brought a friend a long and they would spend some time with us and then go on some rides alone together. They also had a couple of areas where you could toast marshmallows. My son especially got a kick out of that. He did several for me, yummy. I'm sad to say while we were around the fire, a little boy around 2 or 3 years old was also there with his large family. I took notice that he was getting closer to the fire than I would have allowed my child even at almost 6 now. After the fact now, I feel like I was prompted to pray for his safety but didn't clue into it quick enough. His family was with him, I just assumed he'd be ok, not thinking that I noticed him for good reason. I remember commenting in my head how grown up my son looked roasting marsh mellows and how he didn't seem afraid at all handling the marsh mellow the was on fire, only a little. Next thing I knew the little boy must have burned himself, he was screaming. Anytime the spirit prompts us to pray, brings something to our attention like that, just a reminder we need to follow that. Afterwards my son was concerned for him, he mentioned to me Mommy we need to pray for him. Right after it happened I was upset that his family hadn't watched him closer, then It all turned and I was upset with myself for being judgemental and prayed for him.
We ended up staying til around 9:30. The weather was totally awesome, it was our first cool down. It was beautiful outside and finally started to feel a little like fall.

No comments: