Sunday, November 23, 2008

My son's 6th Birthday Party









My son's Birthday party was yesterday. He LOVES Indiana Jones, so he chose to have an Indiana Jones party. Not so easy to find decorations etc... for Indiana Jones though, that was a bit of a challenge, I was surprised. I ended up driving to another city just to get a couple of items. I made the invitations, they came out pretty cute if I do say so. I was able to find a Pinata, some napkins, a tablecloth, and a banner. My daughter and I made a sign to lead everyone into the backyard. We thought we'd have a scavenger hunt kind of a party. A couple of days before my husband was motivated to build the Lost Temple of Akator, what a cool Daddy he is! The bottom of it was a tunnel around and then the inner part could lead up to a door and they can slide down a slide from there. It's definitely a unique thing, the kids LOVED it. We have a trampoline and a 2 ropes in the trees. We also have a battery powered quad the kids had fun riding so they were kept busy. We had a couple of activities, we had a box of sand with prizes buried in it. The kids were given toilet paper and had to partner up and paper their buddy like a mummy. The Pinata took some time to break. The kids had to find the "Crystal skull" as in the latest Indiana Jones movie AKA a plastic skull pitcher that look an awful lot like the Crystal skull from the movie. It was snuck into the Temple of Akator and had glow sticks and treasures inside of it. The cake turned out really well, I made it myself and my son gave me praises when he first laid eyes on it. I was a little worried about actually cutting into the monstrosity but it went just fine. My son LOVED his party and I think his friends enjoyed it as well.

No comments: