Saturday, October 27, 2007

Meet Mayford & Dexter......



The other day my son and I were in Petsmart. He likes to go look at the "animals". I fell in love with the Winter White Hamsters. I had a Teddy Bear Hamster when I was my daughter's age. She was a female and shortly after we purchased her we had many more Teddy Bear Hamsters. Turns out she was a Mommy in waiting, SURPRISE! I'm sure my Mom loved that! Talk about getting more than you bargained for...... When we moved to Florida I gave her to a neighbor boy. We told my Husband and daughter about the Hamsters we'd seen at Petsmart, and thought about the idea of getting the kids their own Hamsters. Last night we went to Petsmart and picked out their new pets. They are both boys, Mayford is the one that is more of a solid gray. Dexter has a dark stripe down his back. Mayford is a maniac at night, last night being the first, he was running on his wheel like crazy. I'm glad they have improved on wheel design in the past 30 years! They aren't as squeaky. Mayford is a picky eater and a messy one at that. He digs for just his favorites. Dexter is happy to eat the corn or whatever. He likes to curl up in a corner with his food and nibble on it slowly. One of my son's favorite cartoons is Dexter's Laboratory (I know, not the best cartoon for a 4 year old) He and his Dad love to watch it every night. Which is worse, Sponge Bob or Dexter? Don't even ask about Mayford's name, it's a secret. I will say it's part of our last name and part of the last name of a boy Emily likes. Hopefully the boy will never decode "the name" ;0

1 comment:

Donetta said...

Too cute! Congratulations they will add a lot of fun to the mix. Hope this finds you doing well .