Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Jell-O Jigglers





My son's class is having a Valentine Party tomorrow. His teacher mentioned there are plenty of cookies etc... so she asked if I would make some Jell-O Jigglers. I have not exactly done that before, imagine that in all my years! I was up for the challenge, I got online to do some "research" LOL and read some suggestions. Some say to spray the pan before adding the Jell-O, I tried that even though it sounds kind of gross. I tried it without and it worked just the same, it looked better without too. I already had some Jell-O at home so I thought I'd give it a test run. My thought was to get red Jello and cut out heart shapes. Upon my experimentation and trials I have come up with the only way that worked for me, are you ready for it?

I boiled 2 1/2 cups of water in the microwave for 6 minutes. I added a 6 oz package of Jell-O and stirred it into the boiled water for 3 minutes constantly. I then poured it into a 9x12 pan (which I already had in my refrigerator) it was much easier rather than trying to carry it sloshing back and fourth. Then I chilled it for 3 hours. After the 3 hours, I put the pan in warm water in the sink for 15 seconds. I then used a heart shaped cookie cutter. There is excess, but no worry it's edible. Mind you I had to make 3 batches of Jell-O to have enough for the whole class, which takes over 3 hours to set for each batch, a bit time consuming. I know there is quick set directions, but I had the time to do it the old fashioned way, didn't want another experiment.... I chose the Strawberry, Strawberry Banana and Cherry since they were all red. Just in case there is anyone out there that hasn't made Jell-O Jigglers, you've got to try it, it was fun :)

No comments: