Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kindergarten PE night

Definition of Nostalgic:
a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition ; also : something that evokes nostalgia.

This past week my son's school had a Kindergarten PE night. Parents were invited to come and participate in physical activity with their child. Siblings were asked not to attend, due to space and availability of equipment I'm sure. It was just as well though, this was there time. I took my son and we had FUN! They had random things we could do at first. We played tag, hula hooped, climbed ropes, jumped rope..... My personal favorite was when the parents, only, played with the parachutes. They were huge, 2 of them took up nearly the entire gymnasium. We did some really fun things with them. We sat inside it, we put just our heads in while laying on the floor, we did the wave with it by trapping the air and holding it down with our knees and each side took turns pushing the air down toward the other, we even let it go flying high up in the air. The kids enjoyed watching the Moms and Dads play with the parachutes. At the end we were thanked for coming, and told to take a balloon they were providing us and to just find a spot and play with our child. They played this song I now have on my blog by Phil Collins "You'll be in my heart" while we did that. It was such a sweet time and such a sweet song, I was feeling a bit nostalgic. My little guy, still is young, but he's growing up and I just want to cherish and hold close these special moments forever.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

I loved our time tonight.