Thursday, December 6, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas

Since my last post, I can't believe it was in November we're into December! Where does the time go? My son's party was very cute. I'll have to post a couple of pictures from the party. The kids had a good time and just like the planning of a Wedding, it's over. Ever get that feeling? So my little boy is now 5. As soon as Thanksgiving past I could then start to think about Christmas. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas that comes on TV every year. This year it first came on in November and caught me off guard. I missed it :( then I missed it again. I'm sure it will be on again before Christmas. It is one of those favorites from childhood that I have to watch with my family. I love that they have the true meaning of Christmas, Christ in the story. You'd think we'd just buy it on DVD but then that would take the fun out of waiting for it, it would always be available. On the flip side I do like How the Grinch Stole Christmas too. As a little girl I watched the cartoon version, I'm not as fond of it as I am the movie version now. I also like the old black and whites of a Christmas Carol. This year it is my goal to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" in it's entirety, can you believe I never have?

We love to have a real Christmas tree. When we lived in Florida we'd make the pilgrimage out to the "Christmas tree farm". Yes they actually grow Christmas trees in central Florida. We'd get a group of friends together and meet for breakfast at the Cracker Barrell, a treat in itself :) I LOVE that place. We'd be given a saw and be sent on our way in search of that perfect tree. We did that for about 4 or 5 years I'm guessing before we moved. Now we choose to just go to a tree lot. This year it was Home Depot. We picked out our tree on Sunday late afternoon. It still sits undecorated in our living room because we have to have just the right moment to decorate as a family. There are so many fun things to do as a family at Christmas time. I want to take my daughter to see the Nutcracker again this year. We did that last year for the first time. I choose not to take my son yet, maybe in a couple of years he'll enjoy it more. For now it's Mother/daughter time. Then there is the light parades on land and on water. There is a great light display in Prescott Valley, AZ that we enjoy going to. It's a drive through type and it's really pretty. We try to make a day of it. I'm sure we'll do that at some point in time this month. My Christmas preparations are now under way and I am totally enjoying my favorite Holiday time of the year :) Blessings to you and yours. Take time out to enjoy the season

2 comments:

Donetta said...

I had a wonderful time with you. I would love to have a night out (just us) lets go to the cracker barrel...
When is the nut cracker and how to you find it and how much is it to go???? I am keeping an eye out for ideas to add to our Christmas pleasures. Zoo light is going too.

Is it alright with you to post the photo of our girls night out? Michelle also asked to do so as I have yet sent it to her. I need to ask Lisa too if you speak with her.

Donetta said...

Hi I hope you have a great day!