Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Is anybody ready for Christmas?


I don't know about anybody else, but I feel like Christmas is coming to quick. It's my favorite Holiday and I feel like I need more time to prepare for it. I shopped at Wal-mart last night to the tune of Christmas music, already. Granted I understand that there isn't Thanksgiving music, but can't we at least wait until one Holiday is past before getting started with the next one? My old neighborhood has at least 4 homes completely decorated outside already. Is it me or is it coming really fast? Where's fall? Did I miss fall? Has anybody seen Fall? :) I LOVE fall when the temperatures are perfect. OK I've said fall so many times here that it's starting to sound strange ;) How about "Autumn" then. It's in the low 80's here today. There is hope for tomorrow though, it's only going to be in the 70's. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. Cooking is not my favorite thing to do, but I do it and to the best of my ability. It's just not my passion, but I will do a real nice Thanksgiving feast for my family. I have refused however to cook the turkey, only having done so about the number of times I can count on maybe 1 hand in all my years, so I bought a Butterball smoked pre-cooked 10 lb. turkey. I don't mind doing sides and baking. It will be awesome and they'll love it. So I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving and I'm going to take the time to be thankful for friends and family and the roof over our heads, the health that we have, the provision for our lives. Then I will move on, after Thanksgiving, to celebrate the birth of a savior for which all that I'm thankful for has been made possible :)

2 comments:

Jo said...

It must be so satisfying to capture beauty through photography. I've a half-baked inclination to take up lessons in that area myself... we'll see where that goes. The header for your blog, is it a picture of yours?
Cheers!
- Jo
http://followtheroadlesstraveled.blogspot.com

Donetta said...

Hello, Si! Happy Thanksgiving! I look so forward to visiting you... I miss your presence. You are so fresh and vibrant. bet the floor is beautiful!