Friday, September 28, 2007

The Egyptian Mask



Today I helped out in my daughter's 6th grade class. They made Egyptian masks for their Egypt study they are currently doing. It was a lot of fun to help and take pictures and watch all the students. Each child had a partner that applied the cast type material to their partners face. Then they tended to them by cleaning up any drips, reading to them while they waited to dry.... I went around and photographed them so they could see how they looked. They will decorate them on Monday. I look forward to seeing the final project. Afterwards they looked like pretty messy, I told one of the girls that it looked like a cake blew up in her face (really) They cleaned up very nicely though :)

Next week they will take a break from Egypt and study the brain. The teacher has a lot of interesting things she shared with me for that study. They will also disect a sheeps brain (you probably didn't want to know that) I will not be volunteering that day.

**See the "Bangles" Walk like an Egyptian video below. This song reminds me of the kids. I will probably do a CD slide show for them. When we show the Egyptian study photos I will have to include that song. On that note, last years Science camp the theme song was Queen's "We will rock you". It was done really well, but I told my daughter I remember that song from when I was in 7th grade! She now has it on her IPod.