Thursday, June 5, 2008


On Tuesday night we went to the drive-in to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Our nights in the desert are still pretty bearable. The movie didn't start until 8:15 PM because obviously it has to be dark in order to see it outdoors..... It is really affordable compared to taking the family to the movie theater. We bring a cooler with drinks and a bag of snacks. We have a pick up truck and the kids bring blankets and pillows and get pretty cozy in the back of it. My husband and I bring camp chairs and usually sit in them. This time the kids got so comfy, they both fell asleep. In fact they both fell asleep for the latest Narnia movie as well. That's ok they didn't seem to mind. For Indiana Jones, it's just as well for our son at least, there were images in the movie he's probably better off not having seen. The movie was good, a bit on the corny and unrealistic side though. I still enjoyed it though, as another friend posted on her blog, I would have rather seen a different story line. I don't want to spoil it, so I won't say. It was full of the usual adventure and drama. My son loves the idea of Indiana Jones and all the adventure, and of course the whip. He has a toy whip from the movie that he loves to play with. He really wants this Lego game for the Playstation of Indiana Jones. We'll have to look into it. I'm not sure how many more bearable nights we have ahead of us so we'll have to take advantage of them while we can.

No comments: