Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Floor is complete



The dining room flooring is done!!!!! I think my husband did an awesome job. It was a new experience for him but he did well. We have had meals in the room now and we have more room. Now all we need is a coat of paint, so it doesn't look like a giant white box (I'm not a fan of white walls, for me that lacks imagination) and a couple more pictures and some curtains or a valance. I haven't decided curtains or valance yet. I'd like to put something more up in the open window above too. Today we will take the light fixture down and paint it black, it's a perfectly good one, it's just the wrong color. We will change the cord and the chain to black also. I think it will make a dramatic difference. Surprise I don't like white fixtures either, I may have already mentioned that previously. I just had a thought, we just bought our daughter some shabby chic "white" furniture. For something white, it's actually very pretty, it has character. I love the victorian look to it. It has glass knobs, reminesant of Grandma's house and her glass door knobs. Maybe I'll take a picture of her new furniture. Her walls are light purple so the white furniture will look really pretty. See the painting I bought to add "color" to the dining room, I LOVE IT! Back to the flooring, we are enjoying our new room and it looks great. Any tips on the best way to clean laminate flooring are welcome :) In the photo that is natural light from the window above that you see between the flooring and the carpeting, just in case you're wondering :)

1 comment:

Donetta said...

Yes 3m makes a great swiffer type mop the heads are cloth and replaceable. I have a set of two of the dust mop heads and two of the mop heads they get thrown into the washer. This is a product I got at target is Think? I'll take a picture of it if I remember too. I use just water and ring it out. They are just pocketed sleeves that go on the head. No chemicals.