Sunday, March 16, 2008

Civil War Reenactment at Picacho Peak




Last weekend we went to Picacho Peak near Tuscon Arizona. Early every March there is a Civil War Reenactment there. It's also the perfect time to see the desert in bloom! To my surprise I spotted an old friend and her daughter. They are reenactors and were giving a demonstration of period clothing. Afterwards I stayed and caught up with her for a while. Last year I took lots of pictures of the battle. After the Reenactment was over we went for a hike. This particular day I was having lots of problems with my camera. I have a Nikon D70 and we LOVE Nikons but I wasn't loving my camera on this day. We are still looking into the cause of it's problems. I'm still mourning the loss of some shots I took. They have disappeared into digital wasteland. It's weird because we witnessed one of the most beautiful sunsets at Picacho during the EL Nino about 10 years ago or so. We had camera problems that day too. The flowers were amazing that day also. It wasn't until sunset that we had our troubles. I forget what the problem was but that was before we went digital with our cameras. Well I have memories of our day, just wish I had a few more photos of my own to go with it. My husband was able to get some great shots so we do have the memories captured. Being a photographer though I wanted some of my very own.

No comments: