Monday, March 3, 2008

PJ Day


Today is PJ day at school. Both kids were excited about wearing their PJ's. When we arrived at school my daughter looked around and thought this must be a joke! She didn't see hardly anyone dressed in PJ's in the parking lot. I reminded her that she and her friend talked about it yesterday and both agreed to wear their PJ's, no joke. You are not on Punk'd and this isn't Candid Camera. We saw a small percentage of kids in the parking lot. It's not a requirement of course but at the 6th grade level sadly it becomes more about what their peers are going to do, not wanting to looking foolish.... The thoughts must have really been going through her head, I didn't realize she'd left her backpack in the car. I'm guessing it was her life line out of there, she had pre meditated it :) Should have caught on when she wanted to walk with her brother and I to the little kids playground. Her area was the opposite direction. Then I noticed and said "where's your backpack?". I'm going home to change, she said. I tried to talk her into it, that it would be fine.... she was then ok with the idea, thankfully it didn't take much convincing. I think it's sad to worry about what everyone else is doing. HAVE FUN! Her biggest concern was how silly her sneakers looked with her PJ's - today is PE. I'm guessing that will be an interesting sight though. I didn't bring the camera because she didn't want me to, out of respect for her I left it at home. She did agree to pose for the above photo :) Tonight we go back to school for Bedtime story night with cookies. I will be bringing my camera then. If she doesn't want her picture taken, it's ok. Now the thought is, will me and my husband be wearing our PJ's?????? He actually doesn't own any, you didn't need to know that though did you? I think the Sponge Bob underwear would not be appropriate. I guess so he's not the odd man out I'll be wearing my clothes :) we'll seeeeee.........

1 comment:

Donetta said...

How fun. I can understand her hesitancy. It would be devastating to be the odd one out at that age. I look forward to Friday.I hope you have fun tonight.