Saturday, March 22, 2008

The upstairs bathroom has been painted!


This week has been Spring Break for my children. Having the added time without having to get ready for school or drive to school & pick up, I wanted to accomplish some project around the house. Yesterday I began to tape off the upstairs kids bathroom. My husband joined in to help once he got home from work. Once all the tape was done I started to do trim. I'm ashamed to admit I bought paint for it back in June, well actually I'm not ashamed, life happens.... This paint was a good brand but all the mixing I did, it still was like painting with glue. I think only one coat is all it will take. It's finished so we'll have to go up and take a look at the coverage in total daylight.

I was partly inspired by my friend Lisa in Georgia to do a beach themed bathroom. I chose a blue color, "coastal mist" to be exact. From the swatch it looks like a very light blue. My sons room is blue and compared to it, it looks blue/green. We found a great shower curtain that reminds me of a scrapbook page of the beach minus the personal pictures. I thought it would be nice to have a picture of each child at the beach as little ones playing in the sand, Lisa did this. I haven't gotten the frames for that yet and I need to choose a size, maybe 8x10's would be nice. I also bought a coordinating rug and soap dispenser to the shower curtain. We have a stained glass window that we had in a bathroom when we lived in Florida that will go perfect in the window in this bathroom. It's actually a window taken from a house in Scotland that was being demolished. I also have some ceramic sea sell type plaques to hang on the wall. A sweet friend has also been encouraging my venture and has given me a Bible verse about peace with an anchor and the sea in the background. She also got a couple of little towels she thought the kids would like. Over the summer we took a trip up the coast of California and bought a little sand castle. I also have a couple other things that accent the room. I may surprise myself I may have more things I don't remember, it will be like Christmas :) I want to get a net and glue seashells on it and drape it from the mirror. I can't wait to start putting everything together, I love decorating! I'll have to post some after pictures. Maybe my daughter will like being in her bathroom more! She's always in mine :)

No comments: