Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to School Time


It's that time again, time to go back to school, tomorrow! Backpacks, messenger bags, lunchbox, clothes, sneakers check, check. School supplies are purchased, a few more are needed. Jr. High, more teachers, more supplies, didn't find out about those items until Fri.... My children are so excited they have been counting down the days. They look forward to seeing the kids they know and like on a daily basis. This year will be an adventure with one just starting Kindergarten and the other starting Junior High, WOW! New Beginnings for all of us, for me schedule changes. Both have been to either the "Meet the teacher" or "Orientation" at school so they are all set to go. My son's teacher seems very nice and well organized. I remember seeing her often around school last year and she is wonderful with the kids. My daughter has 7 classes and will be getting quite the workout walking from class to class. I am happy with the teachers she has also. She has Art first period, I can't wait to see what she creates this year! As for the "workout" I know this because I went to the orientation and walked the classes with her! There's 2 classes she'll be hard pressed to make it to on time. She'll have to get a route worked out. I mapped it all out for her ahead of time so she'd visually know where to go first, second.... she should be fine. She is asking if I can walk her to class on the first day though (sniff, sniff, how sweet!)

For my son I am a playground aide at his school, on his playground so I'll be right there to watch him go to class. We'll be getting to school pretty early every day so he'll have 20 min. on the playground before school with his friends. They also get a morning recess, but that is only with their individual class rather than with all the Kindergartners. He's only going to school half days so he'll come home late morning. This is so important at this age, as much as he's interested in learning, he still loves to play and build with Lego building blocks and just chill out. He'll be ready for a full day next year, with plenty of years ahead, one last year to enjoy a lot of playing and being a kid.

No comments: