Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thanks for the rain God!

Thanks God! Even though I have complained so much about the heat He brought rain. It cooled things down so much. It's 75 degrees outside this morning!!! The temp. will go up but the rain brought a cool down.

Oh wow was I convicted about my complaining this morning. Sometimes I need little wake up calls. I LOVE Joyce Meyer and have been trying to watch her on a daily basis when I am able. She talked about grumbling and complaining this morning. No matter how long I've been a Christian, I could always use these little snaps back to reality, I like to think I'm always learning. Think about the Isrealites and all their grumbling and complaining and God's provision but yet they contiued to complain and for 40 years they complained. They could have gotten out of their curcumstances so much sooner if they just quit all their complaining. If I believe God is in control, maybe my circumstance for that moment are good for me that I'm going through (that was somewhat quoted from Joyce Meyer). For those of us that have children, how annoying is it when we are trying to do good for our children and they are complaining the whole way. As I'm sure God feels when I complain, nobody really wants to hear it. Really, we tell ourselves it's good to get it off our chests, I don't think so, maybe just a change of my attitude, I think I just need to be thankful for whatever the curcumstances and remember God's in control and he knows what's best for me. I must need to learn something, if He's taking me down that road. The less I complain about it the quicker I'll get through it.

Philippians 2:12-18:

12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed–not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence–continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

14 Do everything without complaining or arguing,

15 so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe
16 as you hold out[1] the word of life–in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you.18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.
New International Version (NIV)

I'm gonna go enjoy the cooler temps ;)

No comments: