Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kids Crafts



We bought these tote bags at the Dollar store, for of course $1 each. I usually have fabric paints around the house. I thought I'd buy some new ones, so I bought 5 colors at 99 cents each. I let the kids decorate their own totes on Friday. My son wasn't sure what he wanted to do, then he showed me his Indiana Jones wallet and said that's what he wanted his tote to look like. He's a big fan so I traced the letters in black permanent marker on his tote for him to color in. I helped him out a little because he wanted me to. It was important that it had the two colors in each letter. I think his tote turned out awesome. My daughter also came up with her idea on her own. At camp they used duct tape to show what color team they were by spelling it out with duct tape, that's where she got the duct tape idea, and it stuck with her :D another awesome tote. I LOVE crafting with my kids and watching their creativity. This coming week we have a couple more projects we'll probably do before school starts in a week. Gone soon will be the lazy days of summer.....

1 comment:

Donetta said...

Those turned out so adorable!