Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to School Today
















My babies started school today. I call them babies because they are still my babies. One just beginning and the other off to a new adventure "Jr. High". They were both very excited to go back to school today. We were ALL awake at 6:00 it was weird. There we all were ready to face our day. It is tradition at our house to have that "first day of school" pic with the new backpack, or in my daughter's case the "tote". She also has a "messenger" bag but has chosen to use the tote today. My son loves Star Wars and Indiana Jones so he chose an Indiana Jones backpack.
I took both to school today, both their separate ways (sniff, sniff) My son spotted one of his best buddies at school and ran to embrace him like they hadn't seen each other in months, truth be told it was only a couple of weeks, so cute! He was happy to see him, even though they are no longer in the same class. My daughter wanted me to walk her to class, no problem with me if that's what she wanted. When we arrived she saw there were no parents walking their children in and asked if she could go it alone. I understood and let her go. My first baby is growing up into a young woman. My son is already home and had a great morning. My daughter is still in school. I look forward to hearing about her day. I interviewed my son on video about his first day today, it was sweet, and he said the Pledge of Allegiance for me. I will do the same with my daughter if she is willing.

As a side note, my son and husband went to a baseball game yesterday. My son had gotten a mask at the game. They played a little joke on me, my husband told him "stop monkeying around" and their he was in this mask. I actually screamed when I saw it, I was totally not expecting it. Now I'm LOL at the site of it and how weird it looks.

1 comment:

Michelle Gregory said...

how cute he is... and how lovely she is. i can't believe how much they've changed since i first met you.