Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Family Dollhouse


My son and I went to Hobby Lobby recently. I LOVE that store!!!!! We were looking around and when we came to the Dollhouses he said he wanted one. I know boys typically don't have them, not wanting to squelch his desires though, I listened to him and humored him. I think we can share this as a family. I think he mainly likes the idea of the miniatures that go in it. I thought what a fun "family" project that would be, there would be building involved and decorating it could be a long term project. We could work on it room by room.

As a little girl I had a dollhouse and I loved playing with it. I can remember that my Mom would make little miniature books for it, she loves to read.... My great Uncle was retired and he would make the furniture from kits for me. I still have some of it somewhere. A friend of mine had her grandmother's dollhouse and I remember it was beautiful. I can remember thinking it was more beautiful than mine at the time, each room was decorated all perfectly in antique furniture.

My daughter and I have a book of how to make miniatures, it's very cool to look at. We haven't done much with it because we haven't had a place to put the miniatures into. This is a picture of the dollhouse that the two of us thought was pretty cool.

No comments: