Tuesday, December 23, 2008

School Christmas Breakfast






I forgot to mention on Friday my son's class had a Christmas Breakfast. School wide it was also Pajama Day. All the parents were asked to bring a favorite breakfast item to share. His teacher had an omelet bar set up where you could get a custom made to order omelet! It was really yummy. Since my daughter's school doesn't start until later, she and her friend (she has corrected me, her "best" friend) joined us. His class together with the other Kindergartners recently put on an adorable school play called the Gingerbread man meets Mother Goose so a lot has been centered around the Gingerbread man. I made Gingerbread pancakes to share. I did learn that the best way to do that is to make a round pancake and cut out the gingerbread shape with a cookie cutter after they are cooked. I have these shapes just for pancakes but it was more of a headache. Granted there was more waste, but we ate it! After breakfast we joined the rest of the school for a sing along. When the kids went back to their room they made small gingerbread houses. Since he's only half day then it was time to go home. Appropriately the teacher gave them goody bags with none other than a Gingerbread mix and a gingerbread cookie cutter so they could go home and make gingerbread cookies. Unfortunately that day I hadn't checked my camera battery and it was low..... I ended up taking pictures with my phone, not the best quality but it captured the moments none the less.

No comments: