Saturday, December 13, 2008

We went to see the Nutcracker



It's that time of year when we go to see the Nutcracker. This year we thought it was time to include my son, we thought he was old enough to sit through. I thought he would be old enough to enjoy it and that he would do well. Mind you this is 2:00 in the afternoon, not the best time to take a young child, who has already had a fun filled morning, to sit still for 2 hours to watch ballet. I had to try it though. In the beginning he seemed captivated, by the second act he was ready to go home. He stuck it out like a trooper, better luck next year, maybe? My daughter and I enjoyed it, she even recognized a girl from school on stage to her surprise. Normally she and I go alone together and we go to the local Arts Center. This time we chose to go to a local dance school's version being put on at a High School. The Mom of one of my son's best buds is a dance teacher at this school, it was his choice to go to this particular one. They did a very professional job with the performance, the costumes were wonderful and the set design. After we got home I gave my daughter a Clara ornament and my son a Nutcracker, they were excited. In past years I've given my daughter a Nutcracker ornament after we've gone also. We'll see what happens next year for my little guy, his choice.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

What a wonderful tradition Sis.