Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sea World Adventure


I am getting ready to embark on an adventure on Monday with over 100 6th graders! There will be 4 6th grade teachers as well as our Media teacher, PE teacher and Principal going and at least 30 parents as well. It will be an overnighter to Sea World San Diego. The kids will have classes, feed sea lions, eat breakfast right next to Shamu.... it is going to be a memorable, fun time!
I am looking forward to it with much anticipation. I'm also at the same time cracking myself up. We will spend several hours on the bus traveling to Sea World. The thought of going on a charter bus and not being able to go "back to the room" or "to the car" or "to the store" is causing me to think that I need to carry a backpack with supplies for every known possible scenario that I could encounter. I'm too funny I'm LOL. Let's see now, there is always the possibility of "that time of the month", fact of life people, need supplies for that and medicine to keep me comfortable during those uncomfortable moments (in the event that they happen, God forbid please) plus a snack in case I need to take the Ibuprofen, can't take it on an empty stomach, that will lead to other problems, we need rain ponchos since we don't want to get soaked to the core and not be able to go back to the room since we only get one night in it. Our luggage will be packed away in the bus from early morning on with no possibility of retrieval.
I have been praying and asking for prayer that it's NOT "that time of the month" for this trip. I know some may wonder why I'm mentioning this, fact of life! I've even asked God if it has to be, it would be by Friday otherwise it would hold off til we get back. I also get this "day before horrible headache" and I've prayed that that wouldn't happen either. It's been pretty consistent for sometime now. It is a rough time for me in ways you really don't want me to mention :)

The forecast for our time there:
Day 1:
High: 73 °F
Low: 59 °F

Day 2:
High: 64 °F
Low: 56 °F

Beautiful weather is in store, not the 90's as we are accustom to. Drying time will not be in a matter of hours as it would be at home, thus wet uncomfortable long ride home..... I'm thinking though that any really wet rides we'll do first thing that we have free time. Then there is the shows though, if we are front row or so we will get drenched. Back to my backpack items, most importantly I need my camera for I have to capture these moments for they will never again occur in time, also can't get it wet, that equals disaster. Also I need to pack pepto bismol just in case of stomach upset, etc.... so I'm going to have quite the back pack on. Prepared for just about anything :) I know I have failed to mention one very important thing, God is with me, he's been awesome! He's going with us too :) I'm just prepared for whatever he may need me to do right :) My son was running a fever last night, I prayed over him and this morning he's back to normal. God is good!!!!!! Can't have him getting sick, not in the plan! He's going to be cared for by two awesome ladies by day and by Daddy after work. My husband is taking the day off to take care of him day 2. We will be getting back on a school night at 10:30 PM, go figure? The next day the kids have cap and gown photos at school, should be interesting. Maybe they'll fall asleep on the bus? Are they to old to expect that from them? Well it's going to be fun. I'll post when I'm back.

No comments: