Sunday, April 13, 2008

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot


Well I finally broke down and turned on my A/C. I had it all down to a science, I would open the windows downstairs in the morning while the upstairs windows have been open pretty constant. The house has been very comfortable, even a little chilly at night, until today. We went to Church this morning the house was comfy. We were gone until about 3:30 this afternoon, we did some shopping around afterwards. When we came home it wasn't to bad since the ceiling fans were on, once I started moving around it hit me, HOW HOT IS IT IN THIS HOUSE? 88 degrees! Funny how just seeing that number made me want to pass out on the spot. I had to put that A/C on. Our weather, if the forecast is accurate, looks like this for the next few days:
90° | 59°Mon
92° | 61°Tue
90° | 56°Wed
79° | 54°Thur
I always question when it goes from 90 to 79, looks kind of strange doesn't it? Like what is going to happen there? That should be interesting to see if that happens. I'm thankful that it cools down at night. Before long once summer is in full swing it won't cool down that much. Oh well the beauty of central A/C is that it won't come on if it's cooler than 78 degrees in the house, we've determined that to be a comfortable temp for us.

Maybe my seasonal allergies will be more controlled with the windows closed. Every morning I wake up going through about a quarter box of tissues and several hard sneezes first thing in the morning, then I'm good to go. I have taken a couple of different over the counter meds. to find they aren't as good as the prescription strength. I'm not a big fan of nasal sprays but have started taking Astelin, a nasal spray. It seems to be helping better. My back yard is full of green, a must for me to live in the desert. Something has been aggravating my allergies for a couple of weeks now. Funny growing up in New Jersey I never experienced seasonal allergies. It wasn't until my 20's in Florida that it started.

We have quite a few trees in our yard, there are a couple I've yet to figure out what they are called, they smell just like orange blossoms to me but they aren't. They smell so nice and they have a tiny blossom on them. It's been so nice outside lately that we have spend a lot more time on our back patio. If you sit long enough and watch you can usually spot a humming bird.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

It sounds nice in the yard. I am living in a model home. I miss having it normal. I like how easy it is to clean however.