Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Health Update

Had a follow up with my ENT Doc yesterday. I had a CT scan done recently to follow up on the Petrous Apicitis. It was assumed that I had the Petrous Apicitis, however the CT scan showed that I have a Apex cyst (fluid filled) if I'm describing it correctly. All I care is that nothing has to be done, not to worry is what I was told, it could very well go away, there is no infection. The dizziness I had been experiencing he seems to feel was unrelated, could have been an infection wiped out by the antibiotics. I will follow up in 6 months. I like that, I'm good with that. I don't need anymore info. Believe me the Internet is a wonderful tool for information, but unless you know what you're reading ignorance is sometimes bliss. We all have our areas of expertise and I'm not a Doctor, I'll be staying away from trying to look up anymore info. for awhile. I feel I've found a trusted ENT I'm confident with so that is why I can say this.

I went to see a new Primary Care Physician recently. He was recommended to me by a good friend. One of the "get to know me things" they wanted to do was a "routine" EKG on me. Hadn't had one of those since I'd had my Gallbladder attack in '87! I had no worries about this though, to my knowledge I'm good in that area. After the EKG was done, I met the Doctor for the first time. We talked for a few moments, I was really impressed by the time he spent with me. Then he asked if I'd ever been told anything about my heart, was I having chest pain, do I take aspirin etc.... NO! it's good as far as I've ever known. He left the room for a few minutes to go get a book. I thought OK I don't want to hear any more medical news about myself (mind you I still think I have the Petrous Apicitis at this time) He got out a book and showed me what appeared to be going on with my heart talking about how it charges....and what the EKG was showing. He did say it may be "normal" for me, I'm holding on to that thought tight! I do not want anymore health surprises please, thank you very much. I've had cholesterol checked and it's been normal, blood pressure is usually normal. So now I wait until my appointment the end of next week to see what happens then, he will have gotten the lab results from my previous Physician by then and then maybe we can do another EKG. Meanwhile it's all in God's hands and He's in control. Not going to worry, that won't do me any good at all. I'm feelin fine :)Story to be continued, prayers for all well greatly appreciated :)

No comments: