Saturday, July 28, 2007

VACATION and other ventures

We had been planning on taking a vacation the 2nd week of August. That was until my husbands boss said, he wouldn't be accepting any vacation requests. NO WAY! you've got to be kidding me. Vacations have always been a part of our summer, all my life! The reason for his announcement was that there were deadlines that had to be met. I can appreciate this but all work and no play, makes dull boys though don't ya know? My honey needs to recharge. I knew the only way to change this man's mind was to pray. I asked God to change his heart about the vacation request. Yesterday my husband told me he'd asked him to e-mail him the request!!!!! It's almost in the bag. THANK YOU GOD!
The first thing that had come to mind was to sing the "Go go's song VACATION." If you have the desire to hear it, see the bottom of my Blog. Vacation all I ever wanted, vacation have to get away.... (not the rest of the words, they don't apply :)
On such short notice, we will have to plan quickly. We will be leaving a week from today! Unfortunately we won't be able to fly anywhere this late in the game unless a deal awaits us. We will have to do some brainstorming. We live in such a centrally located place the possibilities are plenty. We will be leaving the state, that we know. I look forward to this upcoming adventure with anticipation. We will get back just before school begins. We will all be refreshed.

Last night we ventured out a bit. My daughter and I hadn't been feeling to well earlier in the day. When my husband got home, we paid and reserved a spot to park our future RV! It will only cost us, what works out to be $30 a month. That is an awesome deal here. Then we went to look at a trailer. It was really nice and we thought it would fit our family well. There is a bed in the back with a bunk above and a couch up front that also converts to a bed. The dinette also converts to a bed. There is a bathroom, toilet, sink, and shower separate, Janet. I have a dear friend in Florida that lived in a trailer while going to College. She lived in it during the week, since she otherwise would have had to commute from Clearwater to Tampa. I LOVED that trailer, I thought it was so cool. You know at that age you think LUCKY! I want to live here.... It was spacious really, it was the type you could drive. There was a bed above the cab. I did sleep over there, we had fun. I remember the only complaint she had was that the shower was the bathroom all in one. So Janet yes as I said the tub/shower is all by itself :) We haven't bought this one yet that we looked at. My husband wants to think it over. He grounds me, because I usually skip that part. We compliment each other well that way.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

Sounds wonderful! Make sure whatever you can buy that your vehicle is powerful enough to tow it. In the Manuel of the auto it should have a tow capacity. We had H-Haul put in our tow brakes, our truck can not tow our tailor adequately and so I have one but am not able to tow it.