Monday, July 30, 2007

Planning our Vacation etc...

My husband and I have given some thought to our vacation destination desires. We've decided that we want to go to Sequoia National Park, the Monterey area by the coast and San Francisco. We have 9 days to see the sites. Normally I am a planner, I like to know where I'm going and where I'll be staying. My husband urges me this time we may have to let that go. Our trip may be better enjoyed without the constraints of a time table. I tend to agree, but it's still hard leaving it all up in the air. Light walking a tightrope without a net! I feel urged to pray about this that God would lead us to the best places. After all he knows our hearts and what we like we'll just let him be our travel guide. Rather than having a plan, we will see where we end up. I am reminded of our trip to Zion National Park in Utah. We couldn't plan that particular night, believe me I had all the others taken care of. We found one of the most memorable places that we've stayed. The accommodations were satisfactory, but what stands out is the hotel was connected to the "Bumbleberry Inn" restaurant. http://www.bumbleberry.com/ This was a sweet little non-chain type place in a very quaint area. We even found it in the dark, we were surprised at daylight.

We've put our travel trailer search on hold until we return. School will be starting just after we return. We need to plan for our trip and the start of school now. We'll resume the trailer search when we return. One thing we have determined is that my husband and I need a queen sized bed, open on both sides. He's real tall and would be uncomfortable in anything less.

I have a new appreciation for "dry heat". I almost forgot what humidity felt like! WOW it's been humid here lately, yuck! Not pleasant at all, especially when you are looking for a trailer. I am thankful for dry heat instead of humidity.

No comments: