Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Day to play in the snow












Yesterday we thought it would be fun to go and play in the snow. We live in an area where it doesn't snow. Thankfully we are close enough to drive to it. All four of us still have a childlike approach to snow, not just the children. Neither my husband or myself have ever really had to live and work in the snow as adults. We both grew up with snow and remember how much fun it was. We got an early start and traveled about 3 hours north of our home. We could have found some snow closer but knew the areas to have fun would be better where we were headed. We got there just before lunch. We had a quick lunch and then headed for the fun. Lots of other people had the same idea, but it wasn't so crowded that it was annoying. We started with the little hills and worked our way up to the bigger ones. Most areas you could walk pretty easy, those were the areas most traveled that had been compacted down. There were some where I'd step and be knee deep. I strickly stuck to the sled you see me holding, even though it spun around on me, I never screamed once :) My bottom hurt a little this morning but I'm good now :) My husband took the kids down, they really enjoyed being able to ride with Dad. Surprisingly it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. I had a hoodie jacket on under my jacket, neither of which was very warm. At one point I had to take them both off to cool off. When the wind blew though then it felt cooler, glad we all had hoods and water proof gloves.

We didn't make the snowman, but I thought his image should be captured. Our day was more fun than a day at the amusement park! I'm so glad we made the trip.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

Oh I am so glad you got to go. I got your note about the mall but we had to paint today and was unable to go. You captured some great shots. Where did you go? We went above strawberry (Payson)