Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Frozen SUV

We live in an area where it usually never snows. I have experienced something rather foreign to me the past two mornings. We've gone to get into my SUV and yesterday more so the doors stuck, they were pretty cold. Once inside I put my defrosters on full blast both front and back. I turned on my windsheild wipers only to find out they are covered with ice. I had no clue what to do, sad but true :) I called my husband in a panic now to get to school on time. He told me to hose off the car, ok where's the hose? It wasn't where it normally would be. Then get a glass of water and throw it on the windshield. OK that I can do, and it worked YEAH! My heart goes out to those that have much more to do than that. I can't imagine having to shovel the driveway or scrape ice off. As a child I grew up in the northeast but as a teenager and adult have always lived where it's never snowed. I did live in Colorado for about 3 months, but that doesn't count. New experience for me. Being a photographer, I should have taken a picture. If it happens again tomorrow, I will.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

I would just hate shoveling snow every day.