Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One last ride on this Carousel

Maybe I won't be recognized on here if I wear my shades, then I can enjoy one last ride! I'm guessing that's what she's thinking? Oh how fast they grow up! Hopefully I can get her to try out the new one at least one time. We had a nice talk about not caring what others think as long as we're having fun.

This is my little ham on the Dolphin :)
One last roar for the tiger!
If I were a Carousel horse, I'd want to be this one

In our local Mall we have a Carousel. My kids have both grown up with it. It has always been a presence there. I can remember when my daugther's class took a field trip to the Mall. It was either Kindergarten or 1st grade. At one time there was a pottery painting place there. They went to paint pottery, then lunch at McDonald's followed by a ride on the carousel. McDonald's is gone and so is the pottery place. The Carousel has always been there as long as I've known. Last week there was a news article that said yesterday would be the last for the Carousel. They were going to install a double decker Carousel. Sounds pretty cool, but still my children have both grown up with this particular one. We went to the Mall yesterday for just one last ride. My daughter at 12 1/2 only rode once (with sunglasses :) my son rode 2 times in hopes of riding the dragon. It was pretty crowded though, you only had to wait about one go around before getting on again, but he never would beat anyone to the dragon. Perhaps there will be an even better more awesome dragon on the new Carousel. Just an FYI on the photos above you can click on them to make them larger.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

That was so sweet of you to let me know about this. It is a sweet memory for us too. Dove sat on that many a time as a baby.