Thursday, July 17, 2008

Church Camp


My daughter is at Church Camp this week. She left on Sunday afternoon and will come back tomorrow afternoon. I truly miss her and can't wait to see her and talk to her. I am looking forward to hearing all about camp and what she did there, how God has impacted her life and who she's become closer friends with, what boys she thought were cute, how the weather was, what her pictures look like (she's got 48 exposure to take) and how much fun she had. She's up in a cooler part of our state, one of my favorite places. The kids can't bring cell phones so there isn't a way to talk back and forth for obvious reasons. Kids these days are so attached to their cell phones and text messaging. My daughter does not have a cell phone yet. She has no need for one yet in our opinion. We've send her cards and e-mails, even though the e-mails can't be replied to. We want her to know that we are thinking of her, we love her and miss her and hope she's having lots of fun. On Tuesday morning I went to the camp website and this picture was there. It's weird because I haven't seen her and there she is dressed in different clothes than she had on when she left all safe and sound sitting next to a friend I know.... She is on the right side, second row down, second one in. You can click on the pic to enlarge it.

A day or two after our daughter left my husband and I were talking about how we only have another 5 years with her. She'll be 18 then, off to college is the thought and starting her adult life. The time has gone by so fast, I won't say it seemed like yesterday that she, our first child was born, maybe more like 5 years ago. Our son is now 5 and still has a ways to go. Our days with our daughter are much shorter though.

I have to say I'm still sad that more Mom's don't choose to be at home with their children? The years go by so, so fast there is no opportunity to claim those lost years back. I'm speaking as the Mother of a child that is about to turn 13. I know we still have years ahead but not as many as the ones that have already gone by with our daughter. I am really reflecting this week about what is important to me, I won't regret the time I've spent at home.

My son talks about going to camp. It will still be several years before he's able to go, I can wait :)

No comments: