Thursday, July 10, 2008

ENT Doc Visit

On Tuesday I had an appointment with an ENT Doctor to follow up on the Petrous Apicitis. I had been on antibiotics for 3 weeks to wipe out the infection. After only a few days the minor dizziness I felt was gone. My primary care Physician said that that meant the antibiotics were working and that I no longer needed to see the ENT. I felt as if I needed more info. since she didn't seem to know a whole lot about the infection herself. I chose to keep the appointment for a follow up. I'm so thankful for answered prayers and that I am feeling well, but I still felt a follow up was needed. I'm glad that I kept the appointment. The ENT is very knowledgeable and experienced with the Petrous Apicitis. He claims to see about 20 cases a year of it, I didn't feel as if it was such a rare infection after all. He's apparently written an EMedicine article on the subject as well. He tested my hearing, perfect, he tested the dizziness, all gone! Now he'd like to do a CAT scan to follow up and see that the infection (fluid) is gone. He said if it is not, that he rarely has to do surgery to drain. His experience has been to keep an eye on it and make sure there are no changes. He says it can usually be left without treatment provided that there are no changes. I'm just praying that it's totally gone and it's all over :)

1 comment:

Donetta said...

I hope you hear the news on the CT soon..
How is your week?
Love you!