Friday, July 25, 2008

Ribbon Valence



My daughter has only had wood blinds on her bedroom window for the past year. It looked pretty plain. The rest of her room has been finished. She got some new furniture, the walls were already purple when we moved in, she was happy with that. She has added her own touches to the room (posters pretty much wallpaper the walls) I thought either drapes, a valence or beads would be nice. While she was at Camp I went to my new favorite store "Hobby Lobby" and bought some ribbon. Unfortunately I'd hope to finish it before she got home, I miss judged how much ribbon I needed and then they were out of stock for a few days on 2 of the ribbons. Total I bought 20 rolls of ribbon that was 15 ft each. There were 10 different colors, styles that could tie in with one another color wise. She really likes the finished result. It ended up costing me $20 to buy the ribbon. My son helped me put them on the rod once I had them knotted. What I did is I took the ribbon and cut it into strips of 36 inches each. I folded it in half and knotted it with about an inch and a half loop at the end. Then we just slipped it on to the rod. I think it looks pretty cute!

No comments: