Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Art Masterpiece begins this week


Last year was my first doing Art Masterpiece, it is such a great program for the kids. I go into the classroom and bring a famous painting to show the kids. Depending on the age level we talk about the history of the Artist, the style of painting, how the painting makes them "feel" and what they think of it etc...I really enjoyed learning about the Artists and their works of Art. It's that time of year again, my first day will be Friday. I've been given my list of prints I am assigned. My first print is by Pieter Bruegel, the younger rather than "the elder" (his Father) the Painting is Harvester's Meal. This year I will be presenting to my son's Kindergarten class. Last year I was presenting to my daughter's 6th grade class. I'll have to scale it all down a bit this year. I look forward to hopefully doing this each year my son is in Elementary School. I will be keeping it pretty basic and only 15 min. max rather than the 20 min. I had last year. I look forward to hearing what 5 and 6 year olds have to say about this painting!

3 comments:

Donetta said...

I did mine today 4 classes and had a ball.

Donetta said...

How did your presentation go? You know now's the time to come for a visit...I have lemon aide made :)

Donetta said...

Tagged you. Come see.