Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fresh & Easy deals of the day for me


My husband was going to be making another batch of his yummy chili today. I went to one of my favorite stores, Fresh and Easy to get the meat that he needed and a few other items. WOW I was surprised to find these deals! I needed some creamer for my coffee, I love flavored creamer, that is all I use in my coffee. They had these creamers marked down to 75 cents each! They don't expire until March, so I bought 3 of them, 2 pumpkin spice and a peppermint mocha. I know I like the pumpkin, haven't ever tried the peppermint mocha though, thus why I only bought 1. Normally they go for around $2.99 or so each. It was a seasonal markdown, but I don't mind these flavors all year. We also needed a gallon of milk, $1.35! Normally around $2.69 there, the expiration date isn't until the 7th. The way my little guy drinks milk, no problem with that date. Just had to share, I know really interesting stuff right, I love finding deals....

That little lady you see in the picture, I actually found her at a thrift store awhile back. I have, somewhere, a book from my childhood it's like the Old Mother Hubbard story, not sure of the title. I don't think it's called that though. I have to find that book, anyways, this little lady looks just like the one in the book! My daughter agrees with me on this, I have read her the story many times in her childhood. You know how the images in our mind can be, we'll see how correct I am. A box of my old childhood books are in the garage. Very soon we are going to get a bookshelf just for all the stories we have to put them in one place, but we haven't done that yet, so some books are still put away. I'll have to do a post to compare the image in the book and the little lady when I come across it.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

Its fun to get good deals.