Sunday, January 25, 2009

Princess Anne House


My Birthday is this week, when I saw my mom this past week, she asked if I had gotten a doll house yet. I of course hadn't yet, she suggested I go and get one for my Birthday from her. Last night I had a 40% off coupon for Hobby Lobby, they have a really nice selection to choose from there. I went and took a look and immediately knew which one I wanted. I had to think for a few minutes if I was getting into something that would be costing our family a lot of money. This was only the house, next comes the decor and furnishings, some of which we'll make..... My husband reminded me this was something I had wanted for awhile, it didn't take anymore convincing. I'm not going to furnish it over night, that is the fun in the journey. I chose this one called the "Princess Anne", this is a stock photo. Actually the architecture is Queen Anne from the late 1800's. It isn't completed, still in the box of course. I like the colors they've painted it, love purple! I like pink too, but for the sake of the guys in the house I think I will copy these colors. The house reminds me of the homes I remember on my Grandmother's street, when I was a little girl growing up in New Jersey. I would always look at them and wonder what the inside of the "tower" rooms looked like.

I have loved the Victorian era for a long time. I thought my wedding gown looked somewhat Victorian, even had thoughts of having our reception in a Victorian home. (to Donetta, I had a subscription to Victoria magazine too!) At one time I had thoughts of owning a home like this and restoring it. Our first home was built in the 50's and that was enough of a restoration project for me. Now I'd rather visit a Victorian Bed and Breakfast someday and I'll have my own miniature home. This home has 6 rooms, I'm thinking Kitchen, Living room, bathroom, 2 bedrooms and an attic or maybe a "craft room" :) I'm on the look out now for things that are tiny. My eyeliner has a plastic cover on the end of it, it's a glass for my house! I read on another blog how someone used the blocks to a jenga game, matches and a fish tank hose to make a winding staircase! I think that's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

Oh how wonderful! this is going to be a fantastic playful project for a long time.
I am so looking forward to Tuesday evening.
That sounded so fun to get to do the play time with your little buddy.