Sunday, January 4, 2009

Did Christmas just come and go? Missing the colors?


My daughter was very sad when my husband took our Christmas tree down the other day. She said our living room looks plain now, without all the color of our tree... I do feel like Christmas time wasn't around long enough this year. It seemed to come and go so quickly. Can anyone else relate to me on this?

We were able to put our tree up just after Thanksgiving, which is a rarity for us. We have gotten many real trees in the past, and in the Arizona weather you can't keep them for a whole month. Last year we bought our tree with the lights already on it, time and money saver. In the future the kids still want to get a real tree from time to time though, they love the smell. Here's a picture of our living room now, we usually have the coffee table under the window. I was so excited when we bought our house to have a front window to put our Christmas tree in! Growing up we always had it that way, I guess that's why I wanted it.

Our family loves color, we've been in this house for a year and a half, soon to be two years and haven't painted the walls much yet. The ceilings in some spots though are around 30 ft. big undertaking but we know we want to do it sometime soon. It's funny because the previous owners had lots of color, some still remains but not in the big spots like the living room, dining room. We already painted the family room just before moving in because that is a room with a 7-8 ft. ceiling. How I know this? My daughter and I checked out our house about 6 months before buying it when there was an open house. In order to sell quicker they must have thought they needed to paint the prime rooms white. They did leave lots of paint behind which is nice for us. I know curtains or draped fabric and maybe some wood blinds will make a big difference in this room, one thing at a time... We were thankful to get all this window covering with the house.

No comments: