Sunday, August 19, 2007

Flashlight Hide and Seek and other Saturday stuff....


Yesterday my daughter had her first Basketball game of the season. They won! Yeah :) Her coach this year seems great, they usually are. She's a southern gal that LOVES the game and gets very involved. We actually play through a local Christian Church. They have a sports ministry that offers lots of sports opportunities through the year. My son played Baseball recently, he wants to do Basketball but he'll have to wait til next year. It is a positive and encouraging environment for young kids to get involved with. They sure don't mind winning, but they aren't sore losers either. They begin each game with a prayer and end by congratulating the wining team. In fact their practice includes a small lesson from the Bible. This past week they talked about respect.

After the game my daughter and I went to have a manicure. It was a spur of the moment thing. She was so excited to get a french manicure for the first time this time. Her nails look marvelous and they are her own! I had had tips on my nails and they have finally gotten strong enough and to a decent length that I could have mine done as well. I love my cute flowers! See photo.

Later that night we played Flashlight Hide and Seek. It was a lot of fun. We stayed upstairs to make it easier. Then we took a short break and made insects and animals on the wall with our hands and a flashlight. These moments with the kids are so precious!

2 comments:

Donetta said...

Oh how fun ! I missed basket ball I wonder if it is too late? Oh I wish I would have been on the ball...:)

Donetta said...

I am so sorry . I feel asleep in the car, in the garage. I pulled in after dropping the kids off , turned off the car. I just laid my head back and I awoke 1 1/2 hours later. I left a message. I am so sorry . I had a real hard night last night and I am not well today I am so sad and so sore and I'm so sorry I missed having time with you.