Friday, August 24, 2007

My Daughter's First Concert


My daughter LOVES the show "Hannah Montana". The star of the show is Miley Cyrus, along with her Dad, Billy Ray. This is a really cute show for her age group. For those of you unfamiliar with it, Hannah Montana is a Pop star by night and a normal 9th grader named Miley by day. She conceals her identity so that she will be treated like all the other kids. Only those closest to her, her best friend Lily and another friend Oliver know her true identity.
I have heard that Miley and Billy Ray are also Christians. Their family is close-nit and I pray they will keep Miley grounded as she is growing up and becoming so hugely popular.
She toured last year with the Cheetah Girls, another Disney made group as Hannah Montana. Miley Cyrus in her own right is also a singer/song writer. Her upcoming tour will now be Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus which will give her the opportunity to express her own style, not just the one Disney has created for her.
My daughter heard about the upcoming concert and wanted to go badly. Never having been to a concert before, she dreamed of front row seats. Now mind you most of the people in the audience will be 8-11 year old girls plus I'm guessing their Moms. She had already selected a friend to go along. Naturally myself and the other Mom, a friend of mine, will be in tow at all times. So on Tuesday when the presale tickets went on sale (to members of "Miley's World") I was online right at 10:00. I had already prepared my daughter by telling her it isn't easy to get tickets close up, it's more like winning a contest. I had high hopes though none the less. So I punched in the info. at ticketmaster.com and low and behold what was my return? Nothing on the floor, AAA, BBB, CCC were not even coming up. This was the first minute! How could this be? So what do I do, I try again, BIG MISTAKE! We went from lower level to upper level! This was now within the first 10 min. or less. Oh great, now you blew it I thought. I was so hard on myself thinking I have let my little girl down...... I went ahead and purchased the tickets. One way to look at it, they weren't behind the stage. They were almost directly in front, just as far back as you could get, row N I'm hoping there is still O-Z behind us. So after being upset with myself for most of Tuesday, my daughter got home from school and I gave her the news. She took it pretty well actually. I also promised that I would try again when the seats go on sale to the general public. This was my own suggestion. I know very well that I will have no problem passing on these tickets to someone else, at face value, if I do in fact succeed. Tomorrow is the day to try again. I just want this concert to be special, I know how much it means to her. I'd like her to at least be close enough not to have to use binoculars! My dear friend had a solution, she said why not buy a 12 person suite, it's only $1800 and you'll probably even be served food. All joking of course, right? :)
So this story is to be continued........

No comments: