Sunday, August 12, 2007

We're Back!




We arrived home Saturday evening just after 5 PM. On Thursday we did spend more time in the San Francisco area. We went on a Catamaran out past Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a much better option than that of the ferry packed liked sardines. It was actually the same price as it's crowded competitor too! It was beautiful out on the water. We had an awesome view of everything. There was netting that the kids could sit on. My son particularly loved it. He occasionally got a little damp from the water just below. Afterwards we attempted to go for a ride on the cable cars but the line was way to long for our patience. I was a little disappointed, but the catamaran was a "new" experience as well as a "new" memory I could have. We went to the Alamo Square area where the most photographed Victorians in the area were. They were really beautifully preserved from the outer appearance. Then our final destination was the Golden Gate Bridge. We drove across then back again and headed back south. The next two days that would follow would mostly be driving with not a whole lot of activities. They were pleasant and we made an occasional stop to stretch our legs. We tried not to make each day to long for the kids. They did fairly well, they are good travelers and learned young.
Tomorrow is the first day of school! My daughter will be going into the 6Th grade. My son is going to an early learners program at her school. It will be the same hours as the half day kindergarten. They will have library, PE, music and art as their older counterparts as well as doing age appropriate learning. It is only for 2 hours and 45 minutes per day. I feel that my son will really enjoy this. He is looking forward to starting school. There is a little girl he's known since birth in the same class! I will miss him not being at home even for that short of time. He truly LOVES being around other children though, so for the most part, it would only be my selfishness and fear that would keep him at home. The school is awesome, they foster a love of reading and writing and story telling, he'll be fine, I on the other hand..... I'll be OK, give me time :)

No comments: